Outreach and Development Manager – Journalism Trust Initiative
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) is a Paris-based, globally operating and acknowledged, leading press freedom watchdog and human rights NGO. With our advocacy-and solutions-driven approach we advance the safety of journalists, the informational self-determination of every individual and a healthier polity overall.
Outreach and Development Manager
Reporting to the Global Manager, the Outreach and Development Manager, based in implements RSF’s strategy to increase the number of media outlets self assessed and certified according to the JTI standard.
The duties will include, but are not be limited to:
Outreach and Development
- Lead business development including:
- workshop organization and intervention
- outreach campaigns
- speaking engagements at conferences and professional events
- Support business development, alongside the Global Manager;
- Coordinate a network of representatives in charge of prospection towards media outlets in selected territories;
- If relevant, secure incentives from various stakeholders (advertisers, regulators, platforms…) benefitting JTI certified media outlets.
- Develop a social media strategy
- Feed the social media
- Draft and distribute press releases and other communications
- Participate in collaborative team efforts and active contribution to the further development of the JTI overall
We expect the following profile of candidates:
- BA or equivalent in economics, marketing or related;
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in the field of media or NGO project management;
- Professional fluency in English is a must, additional languages – French in particular – are a plus;
- Intercultural sensitivity and curiosity, committed to do-no-harm principle;
- Preferably based in London or Paris.
We offer in return:
- A one year contract, starting September 1st;
- A competitive honorarium and social benefits;
- An assignment with one of the most-acclaimed press freedom watchdogs;
- Participation in a dedicated and enthusiastic team with a cause.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For more information on the JTI, please visit journalismtrustinitiative.org