JTI Regional Assistant (Asia-Pacific) H/F
JTI Regional Assistant (Asia-Pacific)
About Reporters Without Borders (RSF)
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) is a Paris-based, globally operating and acknowledged, leading press freedom watchdog and human rights NGO. With our advocacy-and solutions-driven approach we advance the safety of journalists, the informational self-determination of every individual and a healthier polity overall.
Journalism Trust Initiative (JTI)
The Journalism Trust Initiative (JTI) is a global multi-stakeholder initiative focused on promoting trustworthiness and transparency in journalism. JTI works collaboratively with media organizations, technology companies, civil society, and other stakeholders to develop standards and practices that foster reliable and credible journalism in the digital age. As an Officer for JTI, you will play a crucial role in supporting the initiative's operations and ensuring the smooth functioning of the organization.
Reporting to the JTI Regional Officer, duties will include, but not be limited to:
Assist with disseminating JTI towards media and partners
- Assist with collecting data and contacts to launch outreach campaigns in the target countries of Asia-Pacific region;
- Assist with contacting the media outlets and partners to organize JTI workshops;
- Develop Journalism Trust Initiative network in the Asia-Pacific region.
Support media outlets onboarding on JTI
- Prepare logistics for JTI workshops and conferences
- Support media outlets in the Journalism Trust Initiative process (signups, from assessment stage up to the audit phase);
- Assist with Pre-filling assessments for a number of media outlets
- Support and follow up with the JTI Regional Officer at the Asia-Pacific Bureau in implementation of the JTI project.
- Any other task necessary to facilitate the Bureau’s operations
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in the field of international relations, public relations, project management, journalism or other relevant discipline;
- Minimum of two years of professional experience;
- Strong cultural and political knowledge of the Southeast Asia and East-Asian region, and familiarity with ongoing current events and media scene, in particular in Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines and Thailand;
- Interested in press freedom, and NGO work;
- Professional fluency in English is a must, additional languages – Mandarin Chinese, Indonesian, Mongolian, Malay, Thai in particular – are a plus;
- Understanding of the different cultural contexts and ability to work across teams.
- Permitted to work inside Taiwan.
Location: RSF Taipei office (requires frequent travel)
Contract: 7 months
Please submit your application documents (motivation letter, CV, references) via e-mail: [email protected] and quote the position title.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For more information on the JTI, please visit journalismtrustinitiative.org