On February 6, a delegation of press freedom groups including RSF met with the director of Public Advertising Agency (BIK), Rıdvan Duran (photo : International Press Institute).
Twenty organizations including RSF and the International Press Institute have written to Turkey’s Public Advertising Agency to condemn the practice of withholding state advertising to put pressure on newspapers that criticize the government. Thirty-nine papers were denied state advertising on a combined total of 315 days during the first five months of 2020.
Read the joint letter to Turkey’s Public Advertising Agency here.
- Articolo 21
- Cartoonists Rights Network International (CRNI)
- Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ)
- Danish PEN
- English PEN
- European Centre for Press and Media Freedom (ECPMF)
- German PEN
- Index on Censorship
- International Press Institute (IPI)
- Norwegian PEN
- Osservatorio Balcani e Caucaso Transeuropa
- PEN America
- PEN Canada
- PEN International
- PEN Turkey
- Reporters Without Borders (RSF)
- South East Europe Media Organisation (SEEMO)
- Swedish PEN